Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You Might Find This Useful

Part of this blog assignment was to find five useful applications for students with special needs.  The idea is that the class blogs will showcase a variety of applications that you can bring right into your classroom and use right away.

A lot of times, we don't think about technology as a way to access education.  Maybe I should rephrase that - I don't think about using technology and apps because our resources are so limited at my school.  A lot of my fellow classmates are looking up resources that they can use right now - I'm making a list of technology that I can hopefully use in the future.

So without further ado, let's check out the first app I've found.

Have you heard of My Word Wall?  It's a cheap ($1.99) Apple application that you can use with any iProduct.  The app consists of four different learning games that entertain while educating - and really, isn't that what we're all looking for as teachers?  I know that my students are in a difficult environment.  Going to seven classes a day and expecting to be focused and working hard for 51 minutes every period - that's a lot to ask of anyone, even adults!  Being able to mix up your teaching by adding in technology and games goes a long way toward encouraging participation and learning.  What I really like about this app is that it has not only sight words but also word families.  The activities are simple, but they're hands on, which is great for our MCI or LD students.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment